This letter to you is about your Auntie MayMay. Here are 10 things you need to know about your Auntie MayMay, in no particular order:
1. Your aunt is one of two women in my life of whom I have no doubt will be with me until the day I die. Stephanie (your godmother) is the other one. Lucky for me, the two of them love each other too.
2. Your aunt and I are very different, in almost every way. We love each other beyond measure. We also fight with each other sometimes. Those fights can be epic. But we always love each other. I guess that's how sisters are.
3. Auntie MayMay is fiercely devoted to family, and is already fiercely devoted to you. I believe this waiting period (currently sitting at 40 weeks and 4 days, but who's counting?) is almost as hard on her as it is on Dad and me. She's already called "dibs" on many firsts in your life. Most of them dealing with fashion, which leads me to my next point ...
4. Your aunt is gorgeous. If you ever need hair, makeup or fashion advice - she's your girl.
5. Your aunt is not perfect. Aunt May has had some hard times in her life, and made some hard decisions. Sometimes, they weren't the right decisions. But here's the thing: she knows she's not perfect, and she is constantly working on improving herself. I admire that so much.
6. Your aunt is talented. From writing, to drawing, to massage therapy. Anything she decides she wants to do, she excels at. I honestly believe she can do anything.
7. Your aunt is funny. Ask me to see the video of her acting like her thumbs were dragons. It's hilarious.
8. Your aunt tries so hard. She tries so hard to be there for others, to do the right thing, to love everybody around her. She tries so hard to be the best at what she does, to be an example to others, to not let the little things get her down. There are a lot of people in this world who judge Mayghan for the life she has lead so far - and those people are missing out on a huge opportunity not only to get to know the wonderful person that is my sister and your aunt, but to understand that she is constantly learning from herself and others. That's a lesson we can all learn, I think.
9. I fully expect Mayghan to be your favorite. That'll irritate me some days.
10. I would not be half the woman I am today if I didn't grow up with your aunt as my sister. She has always unconditionally supported me, loved me, and challenged me.